Andersen from painting by C.A.Jensen 1836. Foto Lars Bjørnsten Odense
Andersen: What was he like ?
His life story is not the rosy fairy tale he liked to pretend it was. Nor was it as tragic as he sometimes tried to convince himself it was. But it is a strange andfascinating story about a strange and remarkable outsider whose language of communication proved to be more universally intelligible than that of any other writer .
by Elias Bredsdorff.
- Nr.0 Andersen: What was he like ? Elias Bredsdorff Index
- Nr.1 Having read some of Andersen’s posthumously published letters Georg Brandes
- Nr. 2 A social outsider
- Nr. 3 Nothing but the show-dish -entirely insipid a b
- Nr. 4 Lack of a woman’s love
- Nr. 5 Behaving like a good boy
- Nr. 6 His appearance against him
- Nr. 7 Primitive and undogmatic religion ab
- Nr. 8 Trust and doubt a b
- Nr. 9 Sense of humour and fun ab